The main part of my layout room already had a finished ceiling but the smaller 13X13 room extension did not have a finished ceiling. I used a product called Ceiling Max which allows a ceiling to be added right to the ceiling joists which means that I would not lose ceiling height as normally happens with a suspended ceiling. I did have to add to the ceiling joists about 3 inches to clear the gas line and air conditioning pipes. I also had to trim and fit ceiling tiles around the heating and cooling ducts. One of these pictures also demonstrates how dry wall was placed on the upper half of the walls and I left the concrete blocks of the original basement. The concrete blocks were painted with a basement waterproofing paint. The “B-Dry” waterproofing work is also seen here. Expensive, but it works and has kept the basement dry following some record breaking rainstorms.